K-Y Silk is a topical lubricant designed just for women. This product promises to glide on smoothly to offer immediate relief for dry skin, conditioning the vaginal area for more comfortable, pleasurable sexual relations.
K-Y Silk is created by one of the top companies in women's intimate products today and is readily available through both online retailers and brick and mortar stores. The product can also be purchased directly through the K-Y website.
What is K-Y Silk?
K-Y Silk is a water-based topical solution for the vaginal dryness many women face during the menopausal years. As hormone levels decrease, so does the body's natural lubricating system. This can make intercourse uncomfortable for women and even increase the risk of some types of vaginal infections.
K-Y Silk combats that problem by providing instant lubrication to the vaginal area. This product goes on very smoothly (hence the name) and provides relief for a short period of time.
Ingredients in K-Y Silk include:
- Propylene glycol
- Benzoic acid
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice
The product also contains methylparaben, which some women may find irritating. The product website does recommend discontinuing use if irritation occurs, suggesting that some users might have had a negative reaction to the formula.
K-Y Silk can be applied directly to the vaginal area right before foreplay or intercourse to make the sexual experience more enjoyable and comfortable. It can be reapplied if the effects do not last long enough for the full sexual experience. It is safe enough to use every day for women who need additional lubrication because of acute vaginal dryness.
Who Should Use K-Y Silk?
This product is appropriate for any woman who has experienced a decrease in sexual desire or pleasure due to vaginal dryness. The solution is water-based, so it washes off easily after use.
Because it is a topical product, it will not interact with other medications or medical conditions. However, it is always a good idea to talk to your doctor before using a feminine product to ensure it is safe for you.
K-Y Silk is also appropriate for use with latex condoms, although it is not recommended with other types of condoms.
This product can also be used daily to prevent vaginal dryness and the uncomfortable symptoms that often accompany it.
Pros of K-Y Silk
- The product is developed by a company that is well known in the feminine enhancement industry
- Vaginal dryness is a common problem for women, and this formula directly addresses this issue
- The topical solution will not interact with medications or medical conditions
- At around $17 a bottle, this product is reasonably priced
- K-Y Silk is available through a wide range of online retailers and brick and mortar stores
Cons of K-Y Silk
- There does not appear to be a money back guarantee on purchases
- There is no ingredient in the formula to increase libido or stamina
- The company website does not offer customer testimonials or clinical research to support the claims of the product
- The results of the product are temporary, and reapplication may be necessary to maintain benefits