Intivar is a topical solution designed to lubricate and tighten the vaginal walls for more enjoyable sex. According to the product website, many women experience uncomfortable sex due to vaginal dryness that is often a normal part of the aging process. When lubrication becomes a problem, the vaginal walls thin and contribute to painful intercourse. The condition can also heighten a women's risk of infections, since there is less "friendly" bacteria to fight them.
Intivar promises to provide much needed vaginal lubrication, increasing a women's desire for and satisfaction from sex.
What is Intivar?
Intivar is a female tightening cream that rejuvenates the vagina as it lubricates the area. The primary ingredients in Intivar include:
- Microfirm – A proprietary extract of pueraria mirifica, which is thought to increase natural lubrication and blood flow to the vaginal area. According to the product website, the substance also renews vaginal tissue by restoring elasticity to vaginal walls.
- Quercus Infectoria Gall Extract – Also known as oak gall extract, this ingredient has been used by women for years to help restore elasticity to the vagina after childbirth.
- Hamamelis Virginiana – Also referred to as witch hazel, this substance is known for its antibacterial properties. The makers of Intivar also claim witch hazel provides a tightening sensation and heightened sensitivity that enhances the sexual experience.
- Panax (Korean) Ginseng – Ginseng has been used in Eastern medicine as an aphrodisiac for generations. This substance is also considered a restorative agent that helps a woman regain physical vitality.
While these ingredients sound good on the surface, the primary concern with Intivar is that the solution is applied topically rather than ingested orally. Evidence supporting the benefits of these ingredients in a topical solution is much rarer.
Who Should Use Intivar?
Intivar can be used by nearly any woman who is experiencing lower sexual satisfaction due to vaginal dryness issues. Because this is a common problem for women after childbirth or during the menopausal years, many women may benefit from the lubricating properties of the solution.
The topical formula will not interact with underlying medical conditions or medications you might be taking. However, it is always a good idea to check with your doctor before using any vaginal product, to ensure the formula is safe for you.
Pros of Intivar
- The topical solution provides much needed vaginal lubrication for more enjoyable sex
- Natural ingredients have been shown to work to produce greater sexual satisfaction
- The product website offers a 60-day money back guarantee on purchases
- The company website offers customer testimonials and clinical evidence to support the claims of the product
- The product claims to tighten the vagina as it lubricates, for a more satisfying sexual experience overall
Cons of Intivar
- At more than $42 for a single one-month package, this is one of the most expensive vaginal lubricants on the market today
- The product website does not include a full ingredient list for the formula
- The product does little to address low libido or stamina issues
- Ingredients in the formula do not have much clinical evidence to support the benefits of their topical application